Make a date to celebrate the most important day in America’s history in the community “Where Texas History Lives” as fireworks light up the sky this 4th of July in Granbury.
For the 38th year tourists will make the trek to the small Texas town to enjoy six days of festivities.
Activities and Attractions
- Vintage vehicles at the D & D Rockin’ Roads Car Show.
- Our nation’s first days are relived during ‘1776,’ a musical by the Granbury Theatre Company.
- Top off your two-wheeler with a bit of glitz for the Tom Ward Decorated Bike Contest.
- Watch the fleet feet of the Granbury Cloggers.
- Wave to the bevy of bands, horses and floats that will file past in the Hometown Parade.
- Put on your dancing shoes and let the boogie woogie beat of nostalgic numbers turn back the clock at the ‘Shall We Dance?’ Big Band Dance. A happening with heart, the event benefits the Langdon Center Big Band Scholarship Fund.
- Give thanks for the land on which you live at a Sunday morning service.
- If you enjoy summertime sports, sign up for the Beach Volleyball Tournament.
- Check out the creativity displayed on canvases during a sidewalk art sale.
- While a plethora of pyrotechnics will light up the night on July 1st, the grand finale on the 4th– which is ranked among the top 50 fireworks shows in the United States– will include a patriotic laser-light show.
…and much more!
When: June 29 – July 4, 2012
Where: Events will be held at sites throughout the town, including the courthouse, Granbury Square Plaza, City Beach and Stanley Park.
For more information:
- visit www.granburychamber.com