Known as the muse behind the moniker of the famous mattress manufacturer, Sealy might be considered a ‘sleepy’ community, but no one in Austin County will want to catch 40 winks as the citizens associated with the land of Nod enjoy a nostalgic nod to good, old-fashioned family fun during a three-day Sealybration celebration.
- A carnival kicks off the festivities.
- If you snooze, you lose as the fleet feet of amateur athletes fly by during the 5 Alarm 5K run and the 1-mile Rookie Run.
- Folks will focus on farming equipment during the Tractor Show.
- The music of The Triumphs, Rosehill and David Alan Coe will provide the festival’s soundtrack.
- When night falls tourists will turn their eyes to the sky for a presentation of pyrotechnics.
- A BBQ Cook-Off adds flavor to the festivities with categories including chicken, ribs, brisket and jackpot beans.
- Those with a thirst for contests can sign up for the margarita competition.
- A literal throwback to the games of childhood, participants will be pitted against each other in the bean bag tournament.
- Cheer for the contestants in the kickball tournament.
- The men’s and women’s slow pitch softball tournaments will no doubt hit a home run with sports-loving sightseers.
Admission: $7 for adults; children 12 and under free
When: July 13 – 15, 2012
Where: B & PW Park at 1008 Main Street in Sealy
For more information:
- visit www.sealycommunityfoundation.com/sealybration.html
Photo Credit: ClipArt