Spring Ho Festival, Lampasas, TX, July 9 – 15, 2012
Celebrating its 40th year, an annual ode to the city’s springs make a big splash again this summer in the ‘Saratoga of the South’ as folks gather for a week full of old-fashioned, family-oriented fun.
- Find out who will waltz away the winner in a dance contest.
- Fashionable Fidos will file down the street during the Pet Parade.
- Step into your sneakers and join the race for first place in the 10K or 1- mile run.
- Participants will aim for first prize in the washer and horseshoe-pitching contests.
- Spectators will line the sidewalks to see the a bevy of marching bands and floats in one of the largest parades in the state.
- Attendees will cheer for the contestants in the Hayloft Party Talent Contest.
- Special exhibits will be showcased at the Keystone Square Museum.
- Discover which amateur chef will taste victory in the BBQ Cook-Off.
- Children will be bubbling with excitement over the array of activities available for their enjoyment throughout the week, including the Kiddie Fishing Derby, water polo, a corn-shucking contest, face painting, balloon figures and a carnival for both the young and the young at heart.
- Sightseers can shop for a souvenir of their stay in Lampasas at arts and crafts booths.
…and much more!
When: July 9 – 15, 2012
Where: Events will take place throughout the week at various Lampasas locales in the downtown area.
For more information:
- visit www.springho.com