If you’re itching for a good time, join the swarm of 13,000 people who attend a slap-happy party every year in honor of summertime’s ever-present pest.
Celebrating its 32nd year, the quirky Clute festival has won national recognition by Trip Advisor, which has dubbed The Great Texas Mosquito Festival America’s number one Wackiest Summer Event.
- Music lovers are buzzing with excitement over the news that Fred Andrews and HoneyBrowne, Rosehill, David Allan Coe and Kevin Fowler are among the acts that will supply the soundtrack to the three-day event.
- Let your inner child come out to play on the Super Slide, roller coaster or Ferris wheel at the carnival, which will also have classic kids rides, including a kiddie train and merry-go-round.
- If you’re age 65 or older, battle to be the first to yell “Bingo!” during high-spirited rounds of the all-American game.
- If athletic activities are more your speed, race for first place in the Mosquito Chase Run.
- Are you looking for leisurely Lone Star-themed competition? Sign up for the Doubles Horseshoe Pitching Tournaments or the Doubles Washers Pitching Tournaments.
- Parade your pesky bug bites in front of an appreciative crowd during the Mosquito Legs Contest.
- The insect-themed itinerary continues with the Mosquito Calling Contest.
- Cheer for the tiny toddlers who will vie for a prize in the Skeeter Beaters Baby Crawling Contest.
- Pose for pix with the festival’s mosquito mascot, Man-Chew!
…and much more!
When: July 26 – 28, 2012
Where: Clute Municipal Park in Clute
For more information:
- visit www.mosquitofestival.com
Photo Credit: ClipArt