Ice Cream Festival, Austin, TX, August 4, 2012
If you’re looking to lick the heat this August, head to Austin for the 6th annual Ice Cream Festival–a day of old-fashioned family-oriented fun that will add flavor to your memories of summer.
Here’s the ‘scoop’ on all the activities that will be dished out during this year’s festivities:
- Foodies can freeze out the competition in the Ice Cream Eating Contest.
- Let your inner child out to play as you create crafts in the Popsicle Stick Sculpture Contest.
- Put your confection-making talents to the test as participants produce a tasty treat during the Homemade Ice Cream Making Contest.
- Enjoy cool tunes performed by Austin area musicians.
- “I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!” will be the battle cry of the competitors who turn up the volume on their voices as they vie for first prize in the Screaming Contest.
A happening that will melt your heart, over the years the Austin Ice Cream Festival has benefited several area charities and organizations including the Austin Children’s Shelter and Big Brothers Big Sisters.
Admission: $10 for adults (includes free ice cream); Kids ages 8 and under admitted free.
When: August 4, 2012 from 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Where: Fiesta Gardens in Austin
For more information:
- visit www.icecreamfestival.org
Photo Credit: ClipArt