Lewisville Western Days Festival, September 27 – 28, 2013
As one of the fastest-growing cities in the nation Lewisville is looking forward to the future, but each fall the citizens of this Denton County community takes a look back at yesteryear with two days filled of old-fashioned, family-oriented fun.
- The sight of vintage vehicles will steer auto enthusiasts over to The Good,The Bad and The Ugly Car, Truck and Motorcycle show, where they can take a virtual trip down memory lane as they check out roadsters, street rods, muscle carts, and retro rides representing pre-50s era and beyond.
- Attendees with a craving for culinary competition can cheer for the contestants who hope to taste victory in the World Tamale Eating Championship, or find out who will win first prize in the OTPS Pie Baking Contest.
- The athletically-inclined can race for first place in the 9th annual Stonecutter Shuffle 5K and Masonic Mile Fun Run.
- Crooning country tunes to a toe-tapping crowd, performers on three stages will provide the festival’s soundtrack: Friday night features Zane Williams, Roadside Libby, Don Edwards, Jake Hooker, The Dave Thomas Band, Randy Rogers Band and Shane Smith and the Saints. Saturday night will include music by Stephen Pride, K3 Sisters, Ben Shurr, Joe King, Jerry Green, Terry Bloss, Tyler and the Tribe, Debbie Perrone, Mark McKinney, The Damn Quails, Hudson Moore, Roadside Libby, Casey Donahew Band, Gary Kyle Band and SaraBeth Swagerty.
- Little buckaroos can go giddy up in one of two Stick Horse Rodeos or head over to Castle Hill’s Kids Country where they can jump on a bounce house, slide on inflatable slides, ride the Boogie Woogie Choo Choo, and much more.
- Mosey over to watch a gunslinging showdown.
- Marvel at the fancy footwork of Alma y Corazon Tejano Ballet Folklorica, Frisco Dance Force and other dance troupes.
- Sit back and watch a Western movie inside the MCL Grand, with the John Wayne classic The Cowboys showing on the big screen Friday night at 8 p.m. and the “Castle Hills Gang” showing on Friday at 7:30 p.m. and on Saturday at 4:55 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Shop for a souvenir in the Western Market.
…and much more!
When: September 27 – 28, 2013 (Friday from 7 p.m. – 11:30 p.m.; Saturday from 10 a.m. – 11:30 p.m.)
Where: Old Town Lewisville
For more information:
Photo Credit: ClipArt